Thursday, May 7, 2009

A really cool Charm Day celebration by Sharon & her husband Charlie..

This is an email, that made me smile, which was posted to one of my charm exchange groups...

Sent: Sat, 2 May 2009 1:09 pm
Subject: [~*CHARMS*~] Re: Don't miss out! This will be worth the time!

Mornin' ladies,
I thought I'd tell you about how I 'articipated in Dawn's special charm party. I
made 29 charms (monday was my 29th wedding anniversary) They were pc hearts with
real pearls as the dangle(like the black one I sent you Amber) and mon/tues I
hid them all over the place....they had a teeny card attached with Dawn's charm
day blog address and a little note about spreading love and art. It had no
name,just my email address on it and I asked the findees to drop me a line and
tell me where they found the charm. So far I've had nineteen replies.....I left
them at the restaurant where we ate and in the changing room where he took me
shopping,the ladies room everywhere we went.....a couple were dropped in the
fresh flowers they have at Albertson's,one at Dunkin Donuts,some where I
work...well,you get the idea. It was a blast and Charlie loved playing too!!
Thanks Amber,it'll be an anniversary to remember!! love ya
~smiles~
Sharon (MoonRae)

7 comments:

  1. What a cool idea! Thanks for sharing with us. I LOVE it
    Nerissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool Amber, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!!!

    I started making little RABs (random acts of beauty) last fall when we go into town I always take a handful so I can leave them laying around. It is way to much fun then I should be allowed to have when I see one of them found and a smile grows on the face of a stranger!! Even better is if they take it with them. My little RABs are so simple to make I use a bottle cap as a frame glue a picture of a master's painting in the cap. Glue a set of wings on the outside of the cap. Print out in Spanish words like create today, love today, smile today glue them on the wings attatch a bit of TAK removable glue on the finished cap and look for places to leave them :)

    Pattie ;)
    Mazatlan Mexico

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the nicest thing I have heard about in along time. Thanks for sharing it and thank you to Sharon and her husband for doing such a nice thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. brilliant! next year I am adopting this one, too!!

    ReplyDelete

~*Remember to leave your name and location. add in an email if you do not mind it being public!*~